How do I get permission to take classes at another school?

Students interested in taking classes at another school during the summer must first obtain a Transient Study Form (with required departmental signatures) from the University Advising Center or the Registrar's Office and complete it before enrolling in the courses at another institution. This process insures that UNC Charlotte will accept the credit for this coursework before the classes are taken elsewhere. Full time students interested in taking classes at another institution during the Fall or Spring semesters must get special permission from their departments to enroll through university consortium, or complete a Transient Study Form. Part time students are allowed to do course work elsewhere without special permission but still must complete a Transient Study Form.

Select a category: 

Contact Us

9201 University City Blvd Charlotte, NC 28223 Colvard 2200

704‑687‑7717 |

Visit our Facebook PageVisit our Twitter Page